This year’s Special Releases Scotch Whisky Collection “Elusive Expressions” features eight finely finished whiskies, each hand-selected to bring a taste of Scotland to every enthusiast’s home.
The 2022 collection, hand-selected by Master Blender Dr. Craig Wilson includes scotch whiskies poured from some of our oldest whisky distilleries in Scotland.
The collection includes:
- The dark, sweet, and rich Mortlach, with gingery depth, unique to the Speyside Dufftown distillery
- A lively sweet expression of The Singleton of Glen Ord, aged in refill American and European Oak, then double matured in wine-seasoned casks
- A true expression of Lagavulin, matured in a combination of virgin oak casks and our smokiest reserves
- Talisker 11-Year-Old, elemental yet also classic in character with maritime malty smokiness notes
- An unusual Clynelish with just a slight trace of waxiness and added sweetness and spiciness from a maturation in refill American Oak, then finished in PX/Oloroso seasoned casks
- A rare expression of Cardhu, finished in Jamaican Rum casks for a vibrant tropical sweetness
- The creamy smooth Oban 10-Year-Old with richly sweet fruitiness, light smoke and salt notes
- And for the first time ever, the rich and exquisite Cameronbridge 26-Year-Old
“Today we reveal and introduce Elusive Expressions, a boundary-pushing collection with flavours and finishes that truly redefine what cask-strength whiskies can be. From abundantly rich, to strikingly rare flavours, each one is vividly bought to life with new energy. Featuring some of our oldest whisky dynasties, we’ve embraced the flavour contrasts that exist within the collection, to create an unexpected whisky experience.”
Dr. Craig Wilson – Master Blender
With over 30 distilleries to draw from, the collection’s Master Blender Dr. Craig Wilson can tap into over 10 million casks that are currently resting in our world-famous portfolio.
Elusive Expressions is the latest chapter in Special Releases, where mythical beasts are unleashed through striking artwork and stories. Illustrator Ken Taylor returns this year with his signature style and is joined by fellow digital visualisation artist Kevin Tong.
Alongside the Special Releases collection, an illustrated cocktails and serves book gives suggestions for whisky fans to try at home, inspired by the legendary tales behind our brands.
Whisky enthusiasts can also explore the collection digitally via a QR code, giving the most immersive Special Releases experience to date.
The new releases will be available from October 2022 for travellers in destinations across the globe including airports in Changi, Taipei, Delhi and Dubai before becoming available in the coming months in selected airports in Qatar, South Korea and the United States of America.